Systems Developer, Ascot
Location: Ascot SL5 9JF
Salary: £32,000 – £37,000 per annum, depending on qualifications and experience
Working Pattern: Permanent • Full time
Closing date: 28 January 2019
The Systems Developer is responsible for the school’s bespoke software offerings and expanding their capabilities. The Systems Developer will collaborate with a variety of stakeholders within the school to gather their requirements and expand the school’s software, databases and IT systems into exciting new areas. This is a demanding but rewarding technical appointment within this prestigious school and the incumbent is regarded as a key member of the support staff.
A good working knowledge in many of the following areas is required though there will be opportunities for personal development and training as required:
• Good grasp of Object-Oriented programming principles
• HTML, CSS, Responsive web design
• Data exporting and report creation
• Digital design work, specifically web user interfaces, structures and mobile app design
• Windows 2008 server, Active Directory
• Azure Active Directory OAuth2
• App deployment in IIS and Azure
• Version control with Git and Azure DevOps (Team foundation server)
• Preparation of technical manuals, programming documentation, how-to guides, wiki type pages, blogs and web editorial skills
• Integration of existing school apps with other 3rd party systems and APIs
• Objective-C and iOS app development.
It is accepted that the successful candidate may have varying levels of proficiency or experience in some of these areas although a sound theoretical knowledge in all areas is preferred. There will be opportunities for personal development and training as required.
A short letter of application, a completed application form and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three referees (including the current or latest employer) should be sent to: Mr Andrew West, Network Services Manager.
To request further details of the post and an application form, please email Mrs Nicola MacRobbie at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01344 296710.
Closing date: Noon, Monday 28th January 2019.
Interviews will be held at the school on Thursday 31st January 2019.
St Mary’s School Ascot is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosures & Barring Service.