Job vacancy details
Clerk to Governors
Location: Reading RG31 5TY
Salary: Grade E/WBC Spinal Point 18, £18,070 pa, pro-rata (approximately 60 hours per term, based on 3 terms per year)
Working Pattern: Required from September 2018
Closing date: 8 January 2018
The governing body of Little Heath School has four committees in addition to the Full Governing Body meetings; three of which are held at least twice per term. The governors are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, and well organised individual to prepare documentation for and minute take at all the above committee meetings. You can also expect to be needed in school for early morning meetings before school and evenings after the school day.
• help the chairs of the meetings set and circulate the agenda with any relevant documents on a timely basis, liaising with contributors
• take accurate minutes which represent the decisions and discussions held during the meeting
• produce draft minutes within a timeframe of the meeting and revised draft and final versions on a timely basis
• attend training to support the role and develop further in order to confidently advise the governing body on updates to school policies
• act as the first point of contact for the governing body.
Little Heath School is a highly successful comprehensive school (1650 on roll, including 380 in the Sixth Form) situated in a pleasant semi-rural setting to the west of Reading, with good access to road and rail links. As a school, we pride ourselves on our strong Professional Development programme, believing that support staff need to be able to develop their own practice collaboratively with others. We have been awarded the prestigious Research Mark award in recognition of the quality of evidence-based research in our work.
For an application form please contact Lynsey Barry, Chair of Governors email@example.com or if you would like more information regarding this role, please contact Julia Robertson, current Clerk on firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 8 January 2018
Little Heath School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Little Heath School Governing Body is an equal opportunities employer.
Little Heath School
Tilehurst, Reading, Berkshire RG31 5TY
Tel: 0118 942 7337
Headteacher: Mr D Ramsden