Job vacancy details
IT Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Berkshire SL6 7NQ
Salary: Salary range £28,000 – £32,000 pa, depending on experience
Working Pattern: To start as soon as possible • Permanent, full-time, 37 hours a week
Closing date: 20 November 2017
Would you like to join an IT Department which makes up an important part of the support staff team of an extremely popular and expanding secondary school?
Furze Platt is a highly successful mixed comprehensive school serving the children of Maidenhead. 1200 boys and girls of all abilities thrive at our school. We are a highly ambitious, high-achieving and fully inclusive school providing an outstanding education for all. We want our students to enjoy the time they spend with us by providing an education which is broad, stimulating and rewarding.
The IT team is looking for someone who will specialise in and be able to take charge of all hardware aspects of the school’s business network, assume responsibility for evaluating and maintaining server performance and work with the IT team to assist in the resolution of service desk tickets. This is an opportunity to develop your career and be involved in our goal to expand our provision of a professional IT service to other schools in the local area.
We can offer you:
• the harmonious and friendly atmosphere which exists on our campus
• the opportunity to join a happy and successful school which has been rated as one of the country’s highest achieving comprehensive schools by the SSAT, with excellent exam results and whose Progress 8 score is in the top 24% of schools nationally
• fantastic support from your line manager and a Senior Leadership Team who genuinely want to see all staff succeed and develop here at Furze Platt
• 28 days holiday
• access to a newly installed gym
• access to an employee advice service which provides information, helpful resources and other services
• Freshly brewed coffee during break-time
• Invitations to whole school social events including our Christmas party and gatherings to celebrate success
The successful candidate will:
• have experience of Hyper-V or VMware Clusters, VLANs and Subnets
• have experience of storage SAN/NAS and of backup and recovery (ideally VEEAM)
• have good technical ability and the necessary analytical and problem solving skills to solve IT hardware and software problems
• be able to work independently and use their own initiative, but also be an effective team player.
Interested applicants are welcome to talk to Mrs Debbie Harding, HR Manager email@example.com about this post, or to visit the school. To learn more about our school please refer to our website www.furzeplatt.com.
Furze Platt Senior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Furze Platt Senior School
Furze Platt Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 7NQ
Tel: 01628 762231