Job vacancy details
Location: Reading RG30 6BS
Salary: RG3: £8.85 – £9.37 per hour
Working Pattern: 10 hours per week, term time only • Fixed term, six months with potential to extend • Required immediately
Closing date: 29 November 2017
Meadow Park Academy is seeking to appoint a part-time caretaker. This is an exciting opportunity and you will be working in a dedicated and supportive team with the responsibility to ensure the maintenance and safety of the school site.
The post will be initially for ten hours per week, Monday and Wednesday 7am-12pm with the possibility of additional hours.
You will be responsible for:
• Undertaking the general maintenance, repairs, painting and decorating in and around the Academy facilities
• Ensuring all external areas are clean and litter free
• Liaising with the Facilities Manager to ensure the work undertaken meets the high standards of the Academy and to ensure that the Academy is a clean and safe environment for students and staff.
• Have experience of maintenance and facilities, ideally within a school setting
• Have good communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
• Be able to work well unsupervised, as well as part of a team
• Be pro-active and be able to work under pressure to tight deadlines
• Be able to use a range of tools and cleaning equipment
• Be aware of the school’s health and safety policy and guidelines.
CVs will not be accepted. Applications will be considered on receipt.
Meadow Park Academy and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young persons. This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS check, suitable references and other essential checks.
Meadow Park Academy
Norcot Road, Tilehurst, Reading, Berkshire RG30 6BS
Tel: 0118 9375562 • Fax: 0118 9375563
Headteacher: Ms. S. Butler