Job vacancy details
Assistant Head Teacher
Location: Southcote RG30 3LJ
Salary: Leadership Scale L3 – L7
Closing date: 12 May 2017
With Teaching and Learning Lead responsibilities for KS2
Required to start Term 1 – September 2017
Number on Roll 32
Holy Brook School is a Good School Ofsted Oct 2014 for pupils with social emotional and mental health difficulties. We are a nurturing and inclusive school, proud of our many and varied successes and would like to appoint an inspirational Assistant Head Teacher to lead KS2.
We are looking for someone who can offer:
• a successful track record of planning for improvement with real impact, and a firm understanding of effective monitoring of teaching and learning
• a record as an outstanding teacher with excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
• a capacity to lead, inspire, empower and motivate others, with a track record of enacting positive change through effective coaching and mentoring
• experience of designing a curriculum that is challenging and fun
• the skills to create an outstanding learning environment for all
• the ability to communicate and promote links with all stakeholders.
You will have:
• a passion for inclusive education
• aspirations or experience as a senior school leader
• varied experience of teaching and learning across the primary range
• energy and infectious enthusiasm to help every child succeed
• flexibility and resilience
• ambition for yourself and all in the school.
• This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to help the school to achieve its aspirations as it moves forward.
We would love to hear from you, and welcome visits to see the life of our school.
For an application pack please call the school on 0118 937 5489 or email the school office firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Noon, 12 May 2017
Shortlisting: PM, 12 May 2017
Interview date: 22 May 2017
Holy Brook School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
Holy Brook School
145 Ashampstead Road, Southcote, Reading RG30 3LJ
Tel: 0118 937 5489 • Fax: 0118 937 5488
Headteacher: Lee Smith