- It is our aim that every child should feel valued and confident whilst having every opportunity to develop personally, spiritually and morally in all aspects of life
- By planning and working together as a team, the teachers, parents and governors, ensure children work to their full potential to achieve consistently high standards
- We celebrate the achievements of our community through rewards, praise and encouragement and by sharing our successes with the wider community.
We endeavour to:
- provide a stimulating environment where all children are safe and feel safe
- provide enjoyable learning opportunities which inspire children to become independent and life long learners
- promote the child's understanding of a healthy life style and enable them to make appropriate choices based on reliable information
- develop partnerships between parents and the school to enable parents to be fully involved in the education of their children.
There are currently approximately 360 pupils in our popular and over subscribed school. We serve a very supportive local community. 95% of our pupils are from the minority ethnic groups. The majority of these pupils have their ethnic origins in Pakistan or India. 90% of our pupils have English as an additional language.
There are three classes in each year group, with a maximum of 30 pupils (a figure set by our Board of Governors) within each class. The children work as a class unit, with one high ability class and two parallel classes.
We have a very effective EMAG team who offer specialist teaching and support to those pupils who require it. Furthermore, we have a qualified and very experienced SENCO who along with her committed support team, are able to effectively help children with special educational needs.
We take great pride in setting challenging targets with our pupils and then putting into place the necessary structures and teaching methods that make these targets achievable.
The school is a well kept 1930\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s building surrounded by playing fields, two playgrounds, a wildlife area and gardens. The children benefit from having extensive facilities for PE outside plus a hall inside. Within the colourful building, we have eleven classrooms plus a further two classrooms to the rear of the school. In addition, we have the benefit of various specialist rooms.
None at present