Park Lane is a popular and well established primary school situated in Tilehurst. The school operates on two main sites: the infant site found next to Tilehurst Library and the junior site further along the road after the Triangle shops. Park Lane is a large primary school (with numbers rising up to 420) and is well attended by children in the area.
Our aim is to provide a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum that is delivered in a stimulating environment.
We will provide for the needs of every child. We will provide high quality teaching and learning opportunities within an exciting and stimulating learning environment. We will provide a broad and well taught curriculum where children have many wide and varied experiences.
We will ensure that children acquire knowledge, skills, attributes and values which enable them to develop into active and caring citizens of the future. We will continue to work in partnership with children, parents and the wider community. We will maintain a happy, caring environment where children feel safe and secure to grow and develop to their full potential.
Provision extends beyond that of the National Curriculum, RE and Personal, Social and Health education, focusing on a values driven education, inclusive teaching and learning strategies and including a variety of arts and sports activities and clubs. We aim to develop motivated and independent learners.
We believe that people learn best in different ways. At our school, we provide a rich and varied learning environment that allows all children to develop their skills and abilities to their full potential.
Through our teaching, we aim to:
• enable children to become confident, resourceful, enquiring and independent learners;
• foster childrens self-esteem, and help them to build positive relationships with other people;
• develop childrens self-respect, encourage them to understand the ideas, attitudes and values of others, and teach them to respect other peoples feelings;
• show respect for a diverse range of cultures and, in so doing, to promote positive attitudes towards other people;
• enable children to understand their community, and help them feel valued as part of it;
• help children grow into reliable, independent and positive citizens.
None at present
Age Range: 3-11
No. on roll: 420
Headteacher: Mrs Nicola Browne
Address: School Road, Tilehurst, Reading
Postcode: RG31 5BD
Telephone: 0118 937 5515