Addington is a special school in Wokingham authority which caters for up to 205 pupils with moderate, severe or profound learning needs many of whom have associated sensory, motor and/or behaviour difficulties including ASD.
We are now in a new purpose built school which is divided into 2 Faculties; Primary, and Secondary/FE. We use our building as flexibly as we can to meet the changing profile of both age and abilities.
We aim to have class groups covering no more than 2 year bands with pupils and students in their correct key stage, but in order to maintain a flexible approach and an ability to respond to more complex needs, some groups may occasionally contain pupils from more than two years, and also more than one key stage.
We are an Investor in People and pride ourselves in our commitment to induction, professional development and on-going support to all our staff.
We have achieved Ofsted recognition for being an ‘Outstanding’ school.
• To know that what we do is making a difference to the lives of our young people
• To continue to promote an inclusive approach to educational life
• To expand our Parent and Community Partnership
• To provide a learning environment based on mutual respect and self-advocacy
• To create a challenging forward thinking culture
Learning Support Assistant
30 hours per week, term-time only • Permanent • • Closes: 31 Mar
Supply Learning Support Assistants
Supply • • Closes: 31 Mar