Wilson Primary School is a larger than average-sized primary school. The school finished having 18 months of building works in December 2013 to expand the site. It currently has two forms of entry from the Early Years Foundation Stage up to, and including, Year 4. There have been significant changes to the teaching staff because of the expansion, and a new Deputy Headteacher started in April 2014.
The proportion of disabled pupils and those who have special educational needs supported through school action is lower than that found nationally. The proportion of pupils supported at school action plus or with a statement of special educational needs is also slightly lower than average.
Our first aim at Wilson is excellence in learning and so all our efforts are focused on our children learning and achieving the best they can. To reach our goals, we:
• provide full access to the national curriculum
• fully embrace initiatives such as the national literacy and numeracy strategies
• ensure that our teachers are trained in the latest methods of teaching
• assess and report on our children’s achievements regularly to ensure they make the progress we expect
• regularly monitor and evaluate our work
• buy the best up to date resources available
• create a culture of achievement
• make special arrangements for those children who need more support or challenge with their learning
• actively encourage the home-school partnership.
Class Teacher (Key Stage 1 or 2)
• • Closes: 2 Mar
Age Range: 3-11
Headteacher: Yvonne Jackson
Address: Wilson Road, Reading, Berkshire
Postcode: RG30 2RW
Telephone: 0118 9375573
Fax: 0118 9375575