Southfield is a purpose built secondary school for boys and girls who have experienced emotional and behavioural difficulties. It accommodates up to 69 students at any one time, 18 of whom may be resident. Southfield School has its own grounds and is situated in a pleasant residential area not far from Wokingham town centre.
‘Southfield provides an orderly caring environment in which children and
young people with emotional and behavioural difficulties are encouraged and enabled to achieve success. Our aim is to work in partnership with you to help our children and young people to more successfully manage their own lives. We endeavour to help them develop into happy, independent adults.
‘In order to take up their place in society and build successful relationships, young people need to develop a respect for themselves and for others. Children also need to acquire skills and knowledge if they are to be capable of exercising rational choice in a democratic society. For that reason all students are expected to work and to make academic progress during their time at Southfield.’ – Mike Pedley
Statement of Purpose
Our aims include to:
- meet each student’s individual special need.
- encourage, assist and educate each student to achieve his or her full potential.
- work in partnership with parents to help their children to more successfully manage their
own lives through positive change.
- develop the whole school by being proactive, flexible and accepting of new ideas.
- strive to help students bring their own behaviour under control.
- build confidence and self-esteem.
None at present