Windsor Girls’ School was founded in 1920 and has had a continuous existence since that time. The school occupies a very pleasant site and attractive, compact buildings on the southern side of Windsor. The majority of students come from Windsor, Old Windsor, Eton and Eton Wick; however students travel from nearby areas such as Maidenhead, Slough, Datchet, Wraysbury, Englefield Green, Ascot, Winkfield and Bracknell.
Business and Enterprise
Enterprise education is embedded at the heart of our school, permearting all our activities
- encourage the development of key enterprise skils for all ages and abilities
- develop the confidence and motivation to pursue enterprise activities and careers
- develop an awareness and understanding of business practice and opportunities
- develop our students’ ability to be responsive to changing personal and economic circumstances by engaging in a programme of life-long learning
- promote equality of opportunity for all.
Our key aim, as set out in our prospectus, is for all our students to ‘Aspire, Advance and Achieve’ beyond their expectations in academic study, in sport, the arts and in extra curricular activities. We want our students to develop into motivated, successful young women, confident, ambitious, enterprising, well balanced and with a strong sense of self worth, prepared for their future.
Our guiding principles that underpin the ethos and values of the school as a learning community are that every student has a right to:
- progress in their learning and reach their full potential
- be active in their learning
- be clear on how to succeed.
We want our students to be:
- global and self aware
- a risk taker
- a good communicator
We aim to:
- provide a curriculum that motivates every student and is appropriate to their needs and interests
- develop the individual talents of our students so that they are able to rise to the challenges of the future: the world of work, lifelong learning, citizenship, parenthood and leisure.
None at present