White Waltham Church of England School is a family community in which all members are valued and respected. Staff, children and parents all contribute to a welcoming and caring atmosphere in which spiritual values are of prime importance.
\\\"We develop the full potential of each child in all aspects of life.\\\"
We are committed to developing the full potential of each child in all aspects of life. As a Church School we recognise the importance of faith in achieving this, and seek both to give an understanding of the Christian faith and to provide appropriate opportunities for the growth and expression of individual faith.
Children at White Waltham are challenged, nurtured and enjoy a rich and balanced creative curriculum. We also offer a wealth of after school activities including, football, netball, cookery, hockey, tag rugby and more.
We are especially proud to have been graded as ‘outstanding’ in both our Ofsted inspection in July 2007 and in our Church inspection in September 2007. Our SATs results consistently earn us a place in the top handful of schools within this education authority. We have received outstanding results in our KS2 SATs and value added The school holds the Healthy Schools Award, Artsmark (gold), BECTA ICT Mark, Eco Warrior (bronze) and the Investors in People Award.
White Waltham School aims to:
- Encourage the highest standards of attainment by all pupils, thereby realising their full potential.
- Promote respect for and value of oneself and all others.
- Prepare our children for life as effective citizens of the future through their spiritual, moral, cultural and social development.
- Share and promote good practice, encouraging high principles and expectations of all members of the school community.
- Establish a curriculum, which is broad and balanced.
- Motivate all pupils so that they respond readily to the task given and show sustained commitment combined with enjoyment (see Teaching and Learning Policy).
- Provide lessons that are well planned with clear aims and objectives and which recognise the needs and abilities of all pupils.
- Monitor and evaluate the teaching and learning thereby providing fair, informed assessment and reporting.
- Manage human and physical resources to facilitate all of the above aims.
- Every Child Matters.
- Use creativity wisely – find it and promote it.
- Ensure pupils learn through ‘Excellence and Enjoyment’
None at present
Age Range: 5-11
No. on roll: 154
Religious Affiliation: Church of England
Headteacher: Mrs I Cooke
Address: Waltham Road, White Waltham, Maidenhead, Berkshire
Postcode: SL6 3SG
Click here to see map
Telephone: 01628 822533
Funding Status: Voluntary Controlled