St Dominic Savio School is a Roman Catholic Voluntary Aided primary school in the Catholic Diocese of Portsmouth for children aged between 4 and 11 years. The school serves the parishes of St John Bosco, Our Lady of Peace and Blessed Dominic Barberi, St Thomas More and the areas of Woodley, Winnersh, Charvil, Twyford, Wargrave and East Reading.
Our school exists primarily because of the commitment of the parents, staff and governors to the Catholic Church. We believe that gospel values should be evident in all we say and do in the school. Religious Education is not just an allotted segment in the timetable. We have adopted a motto which reflects this belief - Serve The Lord With Joy.
We aim to provide a happy and caring Catholic/Christian environment where the spiritual and moral development of the children is as important as their intellectual, physical and aesthetic development.
- We are a Catholic School, which looks to Christ for the basis of its existence.
- We aim to be a happy, welcoming, worshipping, caring communit.y
- We seek excellence in fulfilling the educational, social and spiritual needs of all our children.
- We aim to ensure that every child enjoys learning, experiences success and develops their full potential.
- We seek to encourage a dynamic interaction between home, parish and school.
- We wish to foster, through our Christian beliefs, an understanding of differing faiths, views, peoples, cultures and customs.
- The greatest commandment is to “Love God and love one another”
For our pupils, we aim to...
- provide positive encouragement so that every pupil feels valued as an individual and for the unique contribution they can make
- celebrate success in all areas of life both within and outside the classroom
- help each pupil to be part of a living, worshipping, forgiving community where they can grow aware of the needs of others as they make their journey in faith
- develop in each child a sense of social and moral responsibility and encourage respect for others and for the world around us
- provide each child with a rich and stimulating and broadly balanced curriculum which encourages self discipline, a life-long love of learning, and the development of a lively enquiring mind
- help all pupils to set high personal standards of achievement in both their work and behaviour.
For our staff, we aim to...
- ensure that every member of staff feels valued and is confident to contribute to the school as a whole
- enable all staff to develop professionally and personally
- provide support and encouragement for all staff and to recognise their achievements
- promote good communication systems so that all staff members are kept informed of school issues
- build quality teams that enable staff to work collaboratively for the benefit of all children
- ensure a high level of morale within the staff that promotes camaraderie and enjoyment at school and enables a good work/life balance.
None at present
Age Range: 4 - 11
No. on roll: 355
Religious Affiliation: Roman Catholic
Headteacher: Teresa Jones
Address: Western Avenue, Woodley, Reading, Berkshire
Postcode: RG5 3BH
Click here to see map
Telephone: 0118 969 3893
Fax: 0118 969 3765