Oxford Road is a vibrant, diverse, friendly and inclusive place where children from many different backgrounds play, learn and grow happily together – we are very proud of the family ethos of our school. 20 ethnicities, 25 languages and 6 faiths are represented here. We welcome and celebrate diversity!
Our mission is simple - to develop every aspect of the child so that their interests, abilities, skills and talents are fully nurtured. We want the child to enjoy and achieve at school so that they realise their full potential and leave us as a confident, well rounded and articulate young person who loves learning, and is ready for their next steps in life.
We aim to teach classes in year groups. Each class has children of differing abilities. However, for teaching purposes, children may be grouped differently. They may work with children from other classes and other teachers. This ensures that children are taught at a pace that is right for them and gives them the opportunity to meet other children and teachers. Each class has a teaching assistant working with them for a good percentage of the time.
We aim to provide good quality teaching and learning within a stimulating environment. It is important that children have a positive attitude towards their education and feel motivated to do their best. All staff have high expectations and recognise that children are individuals. We work hard to meet the needs of each child and celebrate the diversity within our school community.
Our School Aims:
• That every child has the right to the very best quality of teaching.
• That every child should be safe and happy.
• That every child should have pride in their achievements and enjoy their successes and the successes of others.
• That learning is for life and for the betterment of society.
• We are all learners.
That every child has the right to learning opportunities that will enable them to be numerate and literate.
• At the Oxford Road Community School we aim to provide an inspiring, challenging and supportive learning environment for every child.
Our School Vision:
• We all have the opportunity to shine.
• We are all learners and we promote lifelong learning.
• We respect ourselves, each other, the school and the environment.
• We have clear expectations about behaviour and self discipline, and we take responsibility for our own actions.
• Spiritual and moral understanding is at the heart of everything that we do.
• We build strong working relationships with children, parents and the wider community.
• Our school is a warm, friendly, secure ,accessible and welcoming place.
None at present
Age Range: 5–11
Headteacher: Claire Hurst
Address: 146 Oxford Road, Reading
Postcode: RG1 7PJ
Telephone: 0118 937 5511