Hillside was built in 1986. The school opened its doors for the first time in September 1986 to welcome its first pupils. Hillside\\\'s educational and social atmosphere stems from a dedicated and committed staff, the welcome diversity of the children\\\'s experience, and positive attitudes to all aspects of school life. The school seeks continuous improvement through the active engagement of all concerned in its activities.
The staff, governors and parents are working together to provide an environment in which all children are valued and have the opportunity to realise their full potential. We are determined that every child is recognised as an individual, helped to develop his or her talents and encouraged to work and co-operate with others.
We believe that the school deserves its reputation for being a lively, stimulating and caring community of children and adults.
Staff are always willing to answer any further questions you may have, at mutually convenient times.
At Hillside Primary School and Nursery we want to be a school where openness enables all members of the community to collaborate and support each other, forming a partnership that facilitates learning for all. We want Hillside to be a place where everybody will thrive.
At Hillside Primary School and Nursery we aim to:
- give every member of the school community a sense of self worth
- have a three way partnership between children, parents and guardians and staff
- engender curiosity and promote lifelong learning
- challenge and motivate
- provide every child with the tools they need to succeed in life
- develop a greater understanding of others and ourselves
- help everyone to be happy and secure.
Our School Expectations are to:
- listen attentively and to try our hardest
- be polite at all times
- be kind to others
- look after property whether it is personal or someone else’s
- develop a positive attitude towards learning.
None at present